No chemicals. No special equipment. Just a few simple tricks you can use at home.
1. Be courteous.
- take your rings off while doing dishes, gardening, using household chemicals, swimming in the pool or putting on moisturizer; this will prevent your gold from chemicals and your settings from getting stuffed with gunk.
- take your jewelry off during showering and swimming; water can loosen up the fit and you can easily loose your favourite pieces; it can also develop oxidization which can lead to irritations.
2. Soap & water go a long way.
- do a spa day at home with warm water and a bit of soap (dawn or gentle hand soap)
- combine the mixture of water and soap in a small bowl and soak for 10 minutes.
- use a soft toothbrush to scrub all around, rinse well with regular warm water and dry well with cotton cloth or paper towel.
- add baking soda while scrubbing for extra cleaning power or soak your pieces over night to help remove extra stubborn build up
- this is a a perfect solution for tough gems like diamonds, sapphires, rubies, spinels and quartz.
- Do NOT use baking soda on softer stones like opals, pearls, moonstones, and turquoise.
3. Prevention is key.
- take your rings off before going rock climbing or if you know you will be tracking through the wilderness or doing any vigorous exercise.
- take them off before going to the gym as banging your gold agains steel bars and equipment can do no good.
- if your rings feel loose and need to be sized down, take them off before going swimming to prevent loosing them.
- take your necklaces off when working out to prevent developing rashes on your neck and possibly getting them caught on things.
If you ever have questions or concerns about your YCJ pieces you can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Comments will be approved before showing up.